Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 7, 2010

God's Boxes

                                           God's Boxes & Footsteps in the sand

             I read these beautiful articles more than two years ago and saved them, to read and savour when the need to be touched by God's endless bountiful Love. They are so beautifully written to comfort the weary of heart.

                                     God's Boxes

                         "I have in my hand two boxes
                          which God gave me to hold
                          Our Lord said, "Put all your sorrows in the black box
                                                   And all your joys in the gold".

                                I heeded His Words and in the two boxes
                                both my joys and sorrows I stored
                                But although the gold became heavier each day
                                the black box was as light as before.

                            With curiosity I opened the black box
                             I wanted to find out why
                             And I saw in the base of the black box, a hole

                                  I showed the hole to God and mused
                                  I wonder where all my sorrows could be?
                                  HE smiled a gentle smile and said,
                                  "My child, they are all here with me".

                             I ask God, why He gave me the boxes
                             Why the gold and the black with the hole?
                             "My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings
                              The black is for you, to let go all your sorrows".

                                     -------------------------------------------

                                                       Footsteps in the sand


            One night a man had a dream
            He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord
            Across the sky flashed scenes from the man's life
            From each scene he noticed two sets of foot prints in the sand
            One belonged to him and the other belonged to the Lord.

                    When the last scene of his life flashed before him
                     He looked back at the foot prints in the sand
                     He noticed that many times along the path of his life
                     there was only one set of prints; he also noticed that
                     it happened at the lowest and saddest time of his life.

             This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it
             Lord, you said that once I decided to follow YOU
             YOU would walk with me all the way
             But I have noticed that during the most troublesome time of my life
             There was only one set of foot prints
             I dont understand why when I needed you most, you would leave me?

                    The LORD replied, "My precious, precious child.
                     I Love you and I would never leave you!
                    During your times of trial and suffering
                    when you see only one set of foot prints,
                    IT WAS THEN THAT I CARRIED YOU.

                                            -------------

                            Praise you Lord, Allellulia. Amen
                 

No comments: