200 gm Red Capsicum/Bell Pepper, wash and dry it well
100 gm Yellow Onions
50 ml White Wine
200 ml *Chicken stock [see my mushroom sauce recipe for the stock recipe]
75 ml Whipping cream [brands like, "Anchor", "Shani", "Emborg"]
20 gm Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Roast the Red Capsicum on direct fire until the skin turns black.
- Immediately place the roasted red capsicum in a plastic bag and tie the bag and leave it in there for 5 minutes in order to "sweat" them.
- Straight away peel all the black parts of the skin [do not wash it, clean it with a kitchen towel]. Cut it and remove the seeds and then slice them into pieces.
- Melt the butter in the pan, [making sure you dont burn the butter as butter burns easily and if you are afraid it would get burnt, add a little vegetable oil] & saute the yellow onions for 3 minutes.
- Add in the red bell pepper, stir same.
- Add in the white wine & let the liquid reduced to half its amount about 3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the cream, salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve this with any Roast Chicken or my Cajun Roasted Chicken and the Mushroom Sauce.