Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rest well, mum


My mum happily extending hand to His Grace, Pope John Paul
              My beloved mum passed away in 1995 and every 22nd of December, since the time she was alive and then when she died, I always remember her more as it is her birthday and I neednt worry that I would forget as the Chinese community would be celebrating the Winter Solstice Festival/Tong Yuen but as though I needed anything to jog my memory, the memory of her birthday is implanted deep in the recesses of my mind.

              I take some time to thank her for all she did for me and to reflect on her generousity esp her donations for the building of new Churchs and the one that strike me most was, after she died and we needed to go through her things, we found so many receipts for thousands of dollars esp for the building of a Church in East Malaysia and the thing that was beautiful as the ppl there did not know she passed away, would always send her a card to thank her for her generousity.

              I thanked her for raising me up to be what I am today.  I may not have been a professional in life but I think I have found more blessing/happiness in my own well knit family  and my mum taught me well, just by sheer observation of her immense Faith, Belief & Trust in our Lord and Our Lady and she was always praying to our Lady, that if we place all our trust and faith in the Lord and even if our faith was as small as a mustard seed, we can move mountains.  Praise the Lord, Allellulia. Amen

              May she rest in the grace of Our Lord as I am very sure she is now singing and praising with all the Angels in homage to our Lord the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and I am also very sure she is praying up there for my family and me too.  I love you mum and if I havent expressed enough my thanks, forgive me.

                Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

2 comments:

ilene said...

During this time, our emotions run high don't they? We shall keep those beautiful memories of our loved ones dear to our hearts. We know they're also in a better place now. {hugs}

Ophelia said...

Yes dear these are the times when our emo runs sky high and tots of our parents are in tandem with what we feel and beautiful memories of our loved ones are never far from our hearts and the only consolation is that they are much happier in our Lord's palace!!! [hugs and kisses]. God bless dear fren