Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Regrets

           When we reflect on our life, we may find that we have many regrets in our life and one of the chief regrets is that we are each and too wrapped up in our own lives that we either never make time for others especially people who mean something in our life or even worse we tend to procrastinate that at times we realise our folly  when it is way too late and like the popular say, "It is too late to cry over spilt milk".

             I was caught in this similar situation last year.  I was busy tending to my family and cake orders that I forgot to make time to visit my neighbour down the road until one day after I had finish baking my mini coconut buns, I told myself that I would pay Mrs Ng a visit as it has been quite a while since I last visited her and after packing my mini coconut buns, I dropped by her place on my way out to dinner.  I then saw that there were no cars around and hubby said, we will drop by on our way back after dinner.

             When I stopped at her place after dinner, I was glad to see her husband in the garden and I asked whether his wife was in.  He signalled to me to wait.  I thought that he was going in to call her but when I saw him coming towards the gate; I felt a little premotion; something must be amissed but putting on a brave smile, I passed him my buns and ... waited.  He gingerly took the buns and then finally said that his wife passed away 2 months ago.  I stopped in my tracks; heart in my mouth and then summoned the courage to offer my condolence to him.  I asked him what happened as she didnt look frail to me and he told me that she had a stroke at home and that he was with her and he rushed her to the hospital but she didnt quite make it.  I was taken aback and told him how sorry I was and that I didnt see her obitury otherwise I would have attended her wake. May you rest in peace.  That was a couple of months ago that I made that futile visit and it is about time that I visit him instead with some of my goodies as his wife did tell me that he had a sweeth tooth but I am also quite embarrassed as I really did not know him well and I wonder whether he would be shy if I came acalling with some goodies.  Well I will never know, right, till I make the overture and this seems a fine time to go as it is still the new year and CNY is right round the corner.

            Now I would like to pass along this email which is so appropriate for everyone; so that we can take stock of our lives and make time for those we love and not put off something until it is too late.  Ophelia

                    "People come into your life for a reason;
                           a season or a lifetime;
                     When you know which one it is
                           You will know what to do for that person...

                      When someone is in your life for a reason
                            It is usually to meet a need you express
                       They have come to assist you through a difficulty
                            To provide you with guidance and support.

                       To aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually
                             They may seem like a God send
                        They are there for the reason you need them to be
                 
                        Then without any wrong doing on your part or at
                            an inconvenient time this person will say or do
                        Something to bring the relationship to an end
                            Sometimes they die; Sometimes they walk away.

                        Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand
                             What we must realise is that our need has been met
                        Our desire fulfilled, their work is done
                             The prayer you sent up to God has been answered
                          And it's time for them to move on.


                          Some people come into your life for a Season
                              because your turn has come to share, grow or learn
                         They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh
                              They may teach you something you have never done before.

                           They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy
                                Believe it, its real but only for a Season.

                           Lifetime relationship teaches you lifetime lessons
                                things you must build upon in order
                           To have a solid emotional foundation.

                           Your job is to accept the lesson and love the person
                                 And put what you have learnt to use in all other
                           Relationships and areas in your life
                                 It is said that love is blind but relationship is clairvoyant.

                           Thank you for being a part of my life
                                 Whether you were for a reason, a season or a lifetime!!!"


                    I have always been moved by these words and I kept them in my heart, in my mind and in my pc; knowing that one day I will definitely reflect on it again as it is too profound. Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

                     

No comments: