1 whole Lobster approximately 1 kg
5 Tabsp Oil
50 gm *Dried Scallops [soak in hot water 10 minutes then flake the meat]
30 gm Ginger
3 pips Garlic
4 Fresh Waterchestnut/Mah Tai
30 gm Carrot
3 Chilli Padi
1 Tabsp Salted fish, minced [Salted fish from Kuantan, is the best]
1 Tabsp Sugar
1 Tabsp Brandy
1 Tabsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tabsp Light Soya Sauce
1/2 teasp Corn flour
1 teasp Black Vinegar
1 teasp Tau Cheong/Soya Bean Paste
1 teasp Sesame Oil
Mix "B" in a bowl.
80 gm Snow Peas
1 Red Chill Padi
3 Spring Onion, smash [Use only the white part ie the head]
1 pair Chinese Liver Sausage
- Cut lobster into 3 segments. Use a spoon to remove the meat from the head & tail segments. As for the centre segment chop the meat together with its shell. Keep the head & tail for garnish.
- Add 5 tablespoon of oil & fragrant.
- Add in the head and tail, stir fry for a while then add in the meat & stir fry short while as you dont want to over cook same.
- Add in "B" & bring it to a boil on medium low heat.
- Add in "C" & stir fry short while. Take note that this dish does not have much gravy.
Put the lobster in a flat platter then decor it with either sliced oranges or Mandarin oranges at the rim of platter. A sprig of yin sai/coriander leaf at one end.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia