Tuna Pasta Salad
2 cans Tuna, chunk flakes in oil
200 gm Spiral Pasta/Fusili [colored]
100 gm Carrots
100 gm Celery, do not blanche
100 gm French Beans
1 Big Yellow Onion
2 Hard boiled eggs
2 Tabsp English Parsley
Mayonnaise to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
Balsamic Vinegar to taste
Olive Oil to taste
- Drain the tuna from the oil, set aside.
- Cut the vegetables into bit sizes or sticks & blanche the all veg except the Celery, in hot water till cooked & straight away sieve the veg & submerge in ice cold water to stop cooking process.
- Boil alot of water in a big pot. Add alot of salt [water should taste like sea water. The pasta will "absorb" just enough salt :) ] Boil the pasta till al dente; pour pasta onto a siever to drain excess water. Do not submerge the pasta in cold water as you will then remove the starch which allows the other ingredients to combine together.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the boiled eggs, together in a bowl. Season with mayonnaise, salt, pepper & balsamic vinegar. Mix it well till combined then add in the cut boiled eggs.
- Chill the salad before serving.
1. Personally, Tuna chunks is better;
2. You can also make a basic dressing, for a simple salad, with just balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
& olive oil.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia