Made this Salt Fish Pickle again. I made a slight modification & increased the water. I used 114 ml water + 34 gm Assam Jawa as I wanted it to have slightly more liquid when cooking same. I also measured the Assam Jawa to 34 gm.
300 gm Salt Fish/Tanau Ikan Masin
10 Dry Chillies
1 1/2" Fresh Kunyit
6 pips Garlic
10 Shallots/small Onion
114 ml Water ) mix water & Assam
34 gm Assam Jawa ) Jawa together
5 Green Chilli
2 teasp Jintan Manis
2 teasp Jintan Putih
1 teasp Mustard Seeds
4 Tabsp Sugar
1/4 cup Vinegar
1/4 cup Oil
All measuring cups and spoons are cake measuring cup & spoons.
- Wash, drain, dry & fry sliced Ikan Masin.
- Blend dried chillies, ginger, kunyit, garlic, shallots, jintan manis & jintan putih.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in wok then fry the mustard seeds short while as soon as you see them popping about, add in the ground ingredients & fry till fragrant. [Mustard seeds burns easily]
- Add in the Green Chillies, sugar, assam water & vinegar & bring it to a boil. Then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Switch off fire & stir in the pre fried Salt Fish/Ikan Masin gently [as easy to break].
- Cool completely then store it in air tight bottle & refrigerate same.