Fried Chicken & Prawn Balls
300 gm *Chicken Breast, minced
150 gm Prawns, minced [nett weight minus prawn shells]
3 Water Chestnuts, chopped
1 Tabsp Carrot, grated
1 Tabsp Corn flour, sieved
1 Tabsp Chinese Parsley/Yin Sai, chopped
1 Tabsp Spring Onions, chopped
Salt & White Pepper to taste
1 Egg, beaten
Bread Crumbs for coating
- Put "A" in a big bowl & mix in 1 direction only short while [that's the Chef's instructions and those of us from an era when our grandmother and mother ruled the kitchen. I remember hearing this :) and the rule of thumb is to never overwork this].
- Then lift it up and bang hard onto basin a couple of times like making fish paste until a thick homogenous is formed.
- Make into uniform fish ball sizes.
- Dip the balls into the beaten egg then coat it in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry till golden brown. Remove, drain excess oil & place on paper kitchen towels.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia