Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Big Prawns fried in a Tamarind paste

                  This happens to be my Nyonya Mother-in-Law's favourite, Udang Besar Goreng Assam, and she will just eat it with plain hot rice and almost every other day my Sister in law will do this for her mum and it is very appertising due to the tangy taste of the Tamarind Paste/Assam Jawa and again as I "inherited" this recipe from my Mother-in-Law there is no proper measurement so you pandai pandai agak ok?

           Ingredients

           Big Prawns
           Tamarind Paste/Assam Jawa
           Water
            A little Sugar & Salt, opt

                           Make a quite thick paste with the Assam Jawa and Water to coat the prawns & marinate it, covered, in the fridge for 30 minutes.  Remove from fridge, leave it for 15 minutes to thaw.

                            Heat some oil in frying pan on medium low heat [as burns easily] & fry on both sides quite fast as prawns very fast gets cooked.  Enjoy the prickling aroma.  If you really want a recipe I learnt on this, here it is but frankly I have forgotten how it tasted as I normally do the agak agak style of my MIL as I would only do a small portion for hubby and me :) just 4 big prawns, cukup for both of us.

                    Ingredients for Udang Goreng Assam

                   600 gm                Big Prawns
                   200 - 300 gm       Assam Jawa
                   2 cups                 Water
                                                Dash of Salt & Sugar
                                                Sufficient Oil

                          Make a quite thick paste with the Assam Jawa & water to coat the prawns.  Marinate for 30 minutes in fridge.  Then fry as mentioned above.  If anyone tried this recipe I have learnt and like it, post your comments on this Recipe ok as I always appreciate Comments from you so that it wouldn't be so "lonely" with me typing and no feedback.

                       Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

No comments: