Romain Lettuce or whatever salad you fancy
150 gm Streaky Bacon/Beef Bacon
4 pieces of Bread preferably bread that is "2 or 3 days old"
Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
Method for Salad
- Cut lettuce into bite sizes, wash & refrigerate. If you have a Salad Spinner use it as I can't thank myself enough for buying one as every drop of water in the salad will be drained away. Refrigerate the lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes.
- Dice the Streaky Bacon & fry in oil till crispy. Set aside.
- To prepare the croutons - Preheat oven to 120 degrees Centigrade for 15 minutes. Cut the 4 slices of bread into cubes. Place them on a tray, you can sprinkle a little Fresh Thyme, bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the oven door & leave it ajar. Then continue to bake until it is brown & crispy :)
Ingredients for Dressing
1/2 can Anchovy Fillets [taste as may be quite salty]
2 Tabsp Mustard Powder
2 cloves Garlic
1 teap Worcestershire Sauce [tangy taste]
90 ml Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 teasp Ground Black Pepper
1 Tabsp Lemon Juice
1/4 teasp Tabasco Sauce
270 ml Olive Oil
2 Egg Yolks
Method for Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients for the Dressing except the Olive Oil.
- Gradually add in the Olive Oil, from a slight height, in a thin steam.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve dressing immediately or cling wrap & refrigerate for later use.
Assembling the Salad
- Combine the lettuce & dressing together in a big bowl & mix them well.
- Place on individual plates. Garnish with the crispy fried Streaking Bacon & Parmesan Cheese. Serve salad cold. Enjoy.