Cream Cheese Tarts
(1) Ingredient for the pastry
125 gm Butter
55 gm Icing Sugar, sieved
Half an egg
205 gm *Plain Flour, sieved
5 gm Milk Powder, opt
(2) Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Filling
250 gm Philadephia Cream Cheese [Remove from fridge, thaw 30 mins]
25 gm Butter
50 gm Castor Sugar
*1 "B" Egg approximate weight of a "B" egg is 50 ml
1/2 teasp Lemon juice
20 ml ^Whipping Cream [brands like "Anchor", "Shani"
cannot use Non-Dairy Whipping Cream as
that is mainly used for decorating cakes]
Method for Pastry
Grease lightly fluted tart moulds.
Once you start moulding the tarts, pre heat oven at 180 degrees Centigrade for 15 minutes
- Remove butter from fridge & let it that for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Beat Butter & Flour with a K Beater, short while, do not over beat, till it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the sieved icing sugar & half an egg & beat till mixture clings together to form a dough. Remove, pat into a smooth ball, cling wrap & put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge the dough should be soft and pliable. If it is a little hard as your fridge temp may be colder, take it out and it should be pliable after 5 minutes.
- Scale it into 30 gm portions. Press into 7.5 tart tins, twisting from bottom to the top [you know the Tan Tart moulds?]. Trim edge to get a beautiful edge.
- Prick some holes lightly with a fork. Bake blind in pre heated oven at 180 - 190 degrees Centigrade for 15 minutes [as everyone's oven is different and you should know yr oven].
- Remove after 15 minutes, cool for 5 minutes then fill with cream chees filling & further bake for 10 - 12 minutes as long as the filling is not shaky & centre set.
- Leave it in the moulds to cool.
Method for Cream Cheese Filling
Immediately you put in the pastry to bake in the oven start doing this.
- Place the thawed Cream Cheese, butter, sugar, lemon rind & beat with K Beater.
- Then add 1 Egg, lemon juice & whipping cream.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia