Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fried Chicken & Prawn Balls

                   This is lovely.  You can eat it as a dish or be simply wicket and eat it while watching TV. Two things have to be taken note first.  (1) Use Chicken breast as other pars of the chicken has too much tendons.  (2) The Proportion of chicken and prawns MUST ALWAYS be maintained; more importantly, (3) You CANNOT Substitute Pork for Chicken as, then the texture will be rough. These are tips that Chefs at classes "throw" our way and which I will quickly note down, sometimes in shorthand when too many tips are being given at too fast a rate and if my mind fumbles at a "foreign" word that my dear brain cant figure out how to write in shorthand as haha, my mind is more used to taking dictation from my boss of a legal nature, then my fingers will just scribble but I Make Sure that while in class I always try to comprehend what I wrote as then if I am not sure the Chef is there or ask my friends there rather than trying to decipher what I wrote at home, alone at my computer :) Ophelia

                    Fried Chicken & Prawn Balls

                   "A"

                   300 gm                         *Chicken Breast, minced
                   150 gm                          Prawns, minced [nett weight minus prawn shells]
                       3                                 Water Chestnuts, chopped
                       1 Tabsp                     Carrot, grated
                       1 Tabsp                     Corn flour, sieved
                       1 Tabsp                      Chinese Parsley/Yin Sai, chopped
                       1 Tabsp                      Spring Onions, chopped
                                                            Salt & White Pepper to taste

                      "B"

                         1                                 Egg, beaten

                     "C"

                                                            Bread Crumbs for coating

                   Method
  1. Put "A" in a big bowl & mix in 1 direction only short while [that's the Chef's instructions and those of us from an era when our grandmother and mother ruled the kitchen.  I remember hearing this :) and the rule of thumb is to never overwork this].
  2. Then lift it up and bang hard onto basin a couple of times like making fish paste until a thick homogenous is formed.
  3. Make into uniform fish ball sizes.
  4. Dip the balls into the beaten egg then coat it in bread crumbs.
  5. Heat oil for deep frying.  Fry till golden brown.  Remove, drain excess oil & place on paper kitchen towels.
                        Eat them with homemade chilli sauce.  I have a recipe here in my blog for chilli sauce and I think it is together with my fried Prawn Fritters.

                         Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

                      

No comments: