100 ml UHT Milk
100 ml Fresh Cream/Whipping Cream [example brands like Anchor, Shani]
20 gm Sugar
10 gm Custard Powder [Take note: NOT Instant Custard]
1 Tabsp Mocca Paste
Method for Mocca Sauce
- Remove 2 - 3 Tabsp of UHT Milk from the 100 ml UHT Milk & mix with the Custard Power. Set aside.
- Put the remaining UHT Milk, Whipping Cream & Sugar in a small pot & bring it to a boil on medium low fire, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Immediately No. 2 above boils, stir the custard power mixture & add it in; keep on stirring with a whisk until it thickens a bit.
- Remove from fire, add in the Mocca Paste. Leave aside to cool.
100 gm Instand Custard Powder
400 ml Ice cold water
200 ml Whipping Cream/Fresh Cream [brands like Anchor, Shani]
Use a whisk & mix Instant Custard Powder with the ice cold water.
Whisk the Whipping Cream with a hand held cake mixture till soft peak [if you turn the whisk the tip of the whipping cream should curl. Do Not whisk it till stiff] then mix this to the Instant Custard mixture.
1 piece Puff Pastry
1 punnet Strawberry
1 small tin Peaches, drain on siever
Preheat oven at 200 degrees Centrigrade for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangular shape.
- Divide it into three (3) portions. Then cut out 6 thin pieces of long strips.
- Brush the long strips with a little egg. Then paste the long strip at the sides of the pastry to make a border.
- Rest it for 10 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees centrigrade for 15 - 20 minutes Or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Pipe pastry cream on the ready pastry, decorate with fruits on top of the cream then brush the fruits with apricot gel.
- Cut into pieces & serve with Mocca Sauce.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia