Ingredients for Hot & Sour Soup
100 gm Black Fungus [measure the weight after it has been soaked]
200 gm Chicken Fillet
100 gm Bamboo Shoots [from a can. "Arrot Root"]
100 gm Char Choy
50 gm Chilli Oil
2 Litres Chicken Stock [see Step 2 *ingredients in Step 2 is not listed here]
Black Vinegar to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
Spring Onions for garnishing
Thickening agent : 1/2 Tabsp Corn Flour + 1 Tabsp Water
- Soak the Char Choy for 30 minutes as salty.
- Boil 3 Chicken Carcass with Two and a half Litres of Water for 2 hours.
- Fry 60 ml Oil with 2 Dried Chillies to get the chilli oil
- Cut the vegetables & chicken meat into thin strips.
- Boil the Chicken stock, add in the char choy, black fungus, chicken fillet, bamboo shoots and char choy. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season the soup with vinegar, salt & pepper. Then thicken with corn starch solution.
- To serve, pour chilli oil on hot soup & sprinkle with chopped spring onions