Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hot & Sour Soup

                    Yes another soup for your collection and it is also lovely.

                Ingredients for Hot & Sour Soup

               100 gm                      Black Fungus [measure the weight after it has been soaked]
               200 gm                      Chicken Fillet
               100 gm                      Bamboo Shoots [from a can.  "Arrot Root"]
               100 gm                      Char Choy
                 50 gm                      Chilli Oil
                   2 Litres                  Chicken Stock [see Step 2 *ingredients in Step 2 is not listed here]
                                                  Black Vinegar to taste
                                                  Salt & Pepper to taste
                                                  Spring Onions for garnishing

              Thickening agent : 1/2 Tabsp Corn Flour + 1 Tabsp Water

               Method
  1. Soak the Char Choy for 30 minutes as salty.
  2. Boil 3 Chicken Carcass with Two and a half Litres of Water for 2 hours. 
  3. Fry 60 ml Oil with 2 Dried Chillies to get the chilli oil
  4. Cut the vegetables & chicken meat into thin strips.
  5. Boil the Chicken stock, add in the char choy, black fungus, chicken fillet, bamboo shoots and char choy.  Simmer for 15 minutes.
  6. Season the soup with vinegar, salt & pepper.  Then thicken with corn starch solution.
  7. To serve, pour chilli oil on hot soup & sprinkle with chopped spring onions
                Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

2 comments:

Shadalyn said...

Hi Ophelia! I finally found you! It's Cara from Farm Story. I'm not sure how I did it but I have added myself twice to your followers list. All your recipes look delicious and your cakes are just beautiful! I had no idea you were from Malaysia! I hope you keep posting more about yourself too. :) I'll see you soon!

Ophelia said...

Hi Cara welcome dear to my blog. You do make me so happy to see you here dear. No prob about adding twice, I have twice as much "happiness". Do drop by again. Love you. God bless.