If you are new in my blog, welcome, just a note to say that in all the recipes in my blog if it mentions cup or spoons, THEY are all cake measuring spoons, cake measuring cups and cake measuring jugs :)
Kow Choy/Ku Chai
Prawns [Buy 1 kg prawns]
350 gm Prawn Shell [for frying]
2 whole Chicken Leg, cut, cook then shred the meat
6 Litres Water
1/2 cup Oil
6 pairs Chicken Feet
2 Chicken Carcass, cut into 4
100 gm Tai Tow Choy [dont want the leaves. Wash, slice it
& soak in water for Short While as salty]
100 gm Tai Tow Nga/Big Bean Sprout
1/4 teasp MSG
1 teasp Sesame Oil
100 gm Rock Sugar
1 Tablesp Salt + -
- Cut the Kueh Teow thinly.
- Blanch the Kow Choy/Ku Chai in hot water.
- Bring the 6 Litres of Water to boil.
- Fry the prawn shells and 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Boh with 1/2 cup oil till oil turns RED.
- Once the 5 litres of Water is boiling, Add in "A" & No.2 above shells & all. Bring this again to a BOIL. Once boiling lower to Medium fire & simmer it for 30 minutes. OFF FIRE.
- Quickly Remove all the shells, chicken carcass & residue from the stock [AS IN TOTAL THIS STOCK CANNOT BE BOILED MORE THAN 1 HOUR] bring the stock to a boil, add in the Prawns, once cooked Remove prawns and then add in the cut Chicken & boil it for 10 minutes [Dont put the prawns and chicken together as prawns cook much faster] Cool the chicken then shred the chicken meat.
- Serve with the cooked prawns, shredded chicken meat, Prawn Wanton and not to forget, lots of Chilli Padi in Light Soya Sauce
300 gm Small/Medium size Prawns [you have to buy extra prawns as It is Not
part of the above 1 kg prawns]
1 Tabsp Corn flour, sieved
3/4 Tabsp Sesame Oil
1/2 teasp Salt
1/2 teasp White Pepper
1/2 teasp Castor Sutar
Wanton Skin for wrapping
Method for Prawn Wanton
- Mix well all the ingredients for the Prawn Wanton & wrap in Wanton skin
- Boil water then add in the wrapped Prawn Wanton. Once the Wanton floats dish out.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia.