4 Red & Green Chillies
3 slices Pineapples
50 gm Cabbage
50 gm French Beans
Toasted Sesame seeds
150 gm Kunyit
1/2 Bowl Oil
Blend the rempah finely:-
300 gm Small onions
2 small pods Garlic
100 gm Buah Keras
10 Red Chillies
then mix 5 Tabsp Chilli Boh to above
1 [eating] bowl Sugar
1 [ " ] bowl White Vinegar [Cuka Buatan Cap Aladdin
i.e. White Artificial Vinegar]
2 teasp Salt
- Fry the Sesame Seeds Without Oil short while.
- You can either fry the Peanuts with or without oil, choice is yours but you have to remove the skin while peanuts are hot otherwise harder to come out. Put the hot peanuts in a tea towel and rub skin off, then pound same.
- Blend rempah very finely.
- Cut cucumber [retain skin], Carrot, Chillies into strips & Pineapples into slices
- Boil water in a kuali with 2 Tabsp Sugar & 2 Tabsp Oil. Once boiled add in cucumber short while then remove it with a siever & rinse in water & drain. Put cucumber, little by little, in a muslin cloth & squeeze it till it is completely dry.
- Add carrots in short while then drain. No need to squeeze Carrot. Same with Cabbage & French beans put short short in boiling water, drain and no need to squeeze.
- Heat 1/2 bowl [Chinese eating rice bowl] & fry the kunyit slices till very fragrant, dry & the oil yellow in colour. Remove the kunyit slices, then add in the blended ingredients and fry till rempah fragrant and pecak minyak approximately 20 minutes, stirring constantly, then add the Salt, sugar [retain some sugar first] and vinegar. Check for taste if not enough sugar, add the balance.
- When it is completely cool add in the veg, the fried peanuts & toasted sesame seeds.