30 gm Kei Chee
30 gm Pine Seeds, toasted
100 gm Cashew Nuts, toasted
10 small slices of young Ginger
30 gm Yellow Raisins, plumbed
500 gm Deboned Chicken Thigh net weight of meat
200 gm Prawns net weight
4 Bulb of Spring Onions [discard leaves]
1/2 Tabsp Oyster Sauce
1/2 teasp Salt
70 ml *Chicken Stock approximately 7 Tabsp
1/2 Tabsp Shao Shing Wine, Opt
1/2 Tabsp Light Soya Sauce
Dash of White Pepper
- Heat wok & deep fry the Pine Seeds & Cashew Nut SEPARATELY Oil must not be Too Hot as burns easily [as Pine Seeds & Cashew diff size thus diff frying time] till golden brown.
- Wash then soak Kei Chee & Golden Raisin in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Debone the Chicken & cut to pieces. Marinate the chicken meat with 1/2 an egg white & a small dash of salt & pepper.
- Boil the Chicken bones with some water to get the *70 ml Chicken Stock.
- Put all the Seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat wok then add oil & toss chicken meat for a very quick fry to seal the juice. Remove.
- Do the same for the prawns, giving it a very quicky fry as soon as it turn slight red, remove, cannot fry till cooked otherwise prawn tough.
- Heat wok with 2 Tabsp oil, fry the ginger & spring onion bulbs till fragrant. Add the chicken & prawn, the pre fried cashew nuts & pine seeds, the kei chee & yellow raisins. Add the wine, stir the seasoning to incorporate the cornflour well then add it in. Toss, toss, toss short while till meat cooked. Check for seasoning.