|Pucuk Paku with Prawns in a spicy Santan Cream|
80 gm Fresh Red Chilli
80 gm Shallots/Small Onions
20 gm Belacan, toasted
2 Daun Limau Perut, remove Centre vein
1/2 teasp Sugar
100 gm Medium size Prawns
200 ml Fresh Santan
1/2 teasp Salt
600 gm Pucuk Paku
1 heaped teasp Cornflour mix with 1 teasp Water
Fill a big basin with ice cold water
- Fry the Belacan without oil. Blend "A".
- Fry the prawns with a little oil short while till it cooks. Cut prawns into small pieces.
- Boil Santan with the salt; put in the fried prawns, stirring all the while [Do not over boil the santan otherwise santan will curdle and will have little "beads"/biji bijik.
- Boil water in a wok. Place Pucuk Paku in a big siever & submerge it into the boiling water; turning it occasionally. Do not over "cook".
- Once it is cooked immediately submerge in the ice cold water to stop cooking process.
- Lay the blanched Pucuk Paku on a platter. Place the Sambal Belacan on top & pour the Santan Cream over. Enjoy.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia