You can either buy the puff pastry shells, follow the instructions on the box for baking and then use this Oriental Duck Salad as the filling or you can use it on canapes and serve these as an appertiser for an intimate dinner for a small group :) Ophelia
12 Puff Pastry shells
250 gm Duck meat
100 gm Combi of Red & Green Peppers
100 gm Cabbage, shredded
100 gm Big Onions
2 pips Garlic
20 gm Sesame seeds, toasted
2 teasp Honey
1 teasp Light Soya Sauce
1 Tabsp Shao Xing Wine
Salt & Pepper to taste
Dash of 5 Spice Powder
Dash of Sesame Oil
Mix Salad to garnish
- Fry the Sesame Seeds without oil till golden.
- Wash & trim of the fats from the duct meat. Season with 5 Spice Powder, Dash of Salt & Pepper.
- Pan fry the duck meat to seal in the juices & finish cooking the duck in PRE heated oven at 200 degrees Centrigrade for about 8 - 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat. Set aside to cool. Then slice into strips.
- In a pan heat up 1 Tabsp cooking oil & saute the garlic & big onions until aromatic then add in the bell peppers, cabbage & duck.
- Saute for a while then add in the wine, honey. Check for seasoning; adding salt & pepper if necessary.
- To serve, place a portion of duck salad into the baked puff pastry shells, sprinkle some toasted Sesame Seeds & served with the mix salad on the side.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia