500 gm Shark's Fin Melon
1.5 litres Water
50 gm Boneless Ikan Bilis
1 Chicken carcass
100 gm Pork [get the butcher to sell you a tender pork]
10 pieces Toufu Fish Ball
10 pieces Meat Ball
[Marinade the Pork with a little corn flour]
1 Egg White [whisk separately]
1 Egg Yolk [whisk separately]
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel the skin of Shark's Fin Melon. Then use your hands to tear the flesh & remove seeds with a spoon. You can now see that it resembles like a Shark's Fin.
- Heat 2 Tabsp of oil in pot & fry the Ikan Bilis till fragrant.
- Pour 1.5 litres of water in pot & bring to a boil. Once boiling add in the chicken carcass [if you put the chicken carcass & water together & bring it to a boil, the water would be cloudy].
- Once it starts boiling, reduce fire to medium low heat & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Off fire & remove all the ikan bilis & chicken carcass.
- Add in the Shark's Fin Melon & cook it till it is soft.
- Add in "B", salt & pepper to taste. Once the meat balls float to the surface it is cooked.
- Beat the egg whites & egg yolks Separately.
- Add in the egg white gradually from a height & using the soup laddle stir the egg whites that drop into the soup.
- Beat Egg YOLK then off the fire & gradually pour it into the soup. Tardaaa, soup is ready.
(a) It is very interesting to see the colour play of the egg whites & egg yolks; you get a two tone
(b) Soup was really tasty and "leong". After learning, I rated this as 12/10 and because I am a
soup lover, this soup is most welcome in my home.
And I have decided to make a separate lable for this under "Soups" for faster access instead of "clumping" them all in my Cooking recipes and hope to add more soups.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia