Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Curry Puff Filling

             I made this Curry Puff filling to eat on toasted bread for my children's supper in case they are hungry and posted it on my Face Book and then I had 6 friends who wanted the recipe.  So this is for you SH, Jas, Chris, Elaine, Ivy & Jane with love.  I cooked the potatoes 3/4 cooked as my children love the potatoes to have a slight bite to it instead of fully cooked :)  This is a very good filler that you can bring to work for breakfast and so easy to do, I just take it out from the fridge & put it in the micro oven for a short while.  Please bear in mind that there is not much gravy so you have to use the micro oven to warm up.

          Ingredient for Curry Puff filling

         300 gm                     minced Beef/Chicken/Pork
           4 1/2 Tabsp           Meat Curry Powder
           1 Tabsp                 Chilli Boh

         300 gm                     Potatoes
             1                            Big Onion
             A sprig                 Curry leaf
           1/2 Tabsp               Sugar
          3/4 cup                     Water
                                             Salt depends on you.  1 Or 1 1/2 teasp
            3 Tabsp                   Oil

             Method
  1. Mix the meat of your choice [minced Beef is excellent.  I used minced pork] with the Meat Curry Powder & Chilli Boh & refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
  2. Heat the oil then saute the diced Big Onion & Curry leaves short while.
  3. Add the minced meat & stir for 3 minutes.
  4. Then add the potatoes, stir it for 2 - 3 minutes.
  5. Add the water, salt & sugar & keep stirring as easy to burn as not much water & cook till potatoes are soft or 3/4 cooked.
  6. Check for taste.  If not enough salt, top up.  I normally start off with 1 teasp salt & then put the rest if salt is not enough.
                    Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

      

3 comments:

elaine said...

Thank you sis. It'll be my lunch and/or our dinner with toast. yummy

Ophelia said...

You are more than welcome Elaine and it would also be good for pies and puff pastry too :)

Ophelia said...

Jo I hope you have seen this post. God bless