Sometimes we are bored, either cooking or eating the same kind of food and this is something that does not have very much gravy. Ivy you saw this on my fb and asked for this recipe. Have fun doing it. Ophelia
4 whole Chicken Legs, chopped or whole
2 Big Onions, chopped
1 teasp Onion seeds
2 teasp Cumin seeds
1 teasp Fennel seeds
1/2 teasp Halba
10 Garlic, pounded finely
1 1/2 inch Ginger, pounded finely
1/2 teasp Tumeric powder
1 Tabsp Chilli powder
1 teasp Black Pepper powder
200 ml Natural Yogurt
Salt to taste
- Marinade the Chicken with the Tumeric powder, Chilli powder & Black Pepper powder for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Place the Yogurt in a bowl & mix it well with a whisk.
- Heat sufficient oil in a frying pan & saute the big onions short while. Remove to plate.
- Make sure there is suffient oil then saute the Cumin seeds, Fennel seed and Halba for a short while.
- Add in the ground garlic & ginger fry it for a short while.
- Add in the marinaded chicken & saute for a few minutes, add Salt and the fried big onions.
- Add the Yogurt gradually in batches [making sure that it does Not curddle].
- REDUCE the fire to medium low & Cover the frying pan [if you have a heat diffuser, place the frying plan on top of the heat diffuser as chances of things getting burnt when using a heat diffuser is quite unlikely] checking the chicken occasionally to stir and to ensure it does not get burnt as there is not much liquid and cooked. Check for taste.