Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fried Chicken with a Mayo Dressing



               My family went recently to a restaurant and one of the dishes we ordered was a fried boneless chicken with a Mayo Dressing.  I toyed with a piece of chicken in my mouth; slowly trying to find the predominant flavour and mentally trying to figure out what was in the dish. We enjoyed this dish.

              This afternoon in the comfort of my own kitchen I tried to reproduce this dish.  I prefer using whole Chicken Legs as opposed to Chicken fillet as personally I feel that chicken on the bones has tons more favour.  I also tweaked the recipe in order to raise the bar.  As my family loved Onions, I thought of incorporating some Onions; then I toyed with the idea whether I should leave them raw Or to saute the Onions in the oil that I fried the Chicken as then the oil would be power pack with  flavour & aromaticI choose the later so that the fried Onions could infuse in the oil.  Then I decided I would remember that the Mayo tasted tangy and added some Lemon juice, Lemon zest & some Chilli Padi to give that tangy & hot taste and the net result was that my daughter said, "Thanks mum, it was good".

                What I did was just rubbed some salt and just a little Oyster Sauce to the chopped Chicken and I fried it straight away.  As I was running late, I didnt marinate it for 30 minutes.  Then I sauted/fried 2 big onions in the oil short while just to "sweat" the onions.

                 For my Mayo Dressing, I added some Lemon juice, Lemon zest, the fried Onions and a drizzle of the flavoured oil.  Then I put the dressing on the fried chicken & drizzled some paprika for some colour & chilli padi, tarallla main dish ready and I fried some cabbage and lunch for two pax was ready.

                 Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia.

No comments: