Thanes welcome for joining my Blog. For all recipes; baking or cooking, I use Cake measuring spoons and cake measuring cups.
Ingredients for Spicy Chicken Soup
1 Cinnamon stick
1/2 teasp Cummin seeds
1/4 teasp Fennel seeds
1/2 teasp Corriander seeds, crush
5 Dried Chillies
3 whole Chicken Legs, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, blend finely
1" Ginger, blend finely
1 Big Onion
2 Tabsp Meat Curry Powder
1/2 teasp Tumeric Powder/Kunyit Powder
2 sprigs Curry leaves
8 cups Water
Salt to taste approprimately 2 teasp
- Slate [ie make a paste] the Meat Curry Powder & Tumeric Powder with 1 Tablesp Water & marinade this with the Chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tabsp Oil & fry the spices short while till fragrant.
- Add in the Big Onion, ground garlic & ginger & fry it short while. Squeeze the Curry Leaves then throw it in [squeezing it with yr hand JUST before throwing it in, releases more aroma].
- Add in the Chicken & fry it for 3 minutes in order for the Chicken to infuse with all the lovely aromatic spices & flavour.
- Add in the Tomatoes, Carrot & Potato, give it a stir then add in the water, & Salt & bring it to a boil. Once it boils, REDUCE the fire, cover the pot & simmer for 30 minutes & enjoy the aroma in the kitchen.
- Check for taste & add more Salt if necessary.
For those who need to add more "fire" add 1 teasp Chilli Powder to the Meat Curry Powder & Kunyit Powder & then marinate the chicken & maybe 2 more Dried Chillies. I always advocate that when you do the recipe for the FIRST time, always do it as per original so you know what it taste then when you do the second time around, make your personal adjustments & record these adjustments in your recipe so that next time round, you know exactly "where you stand" to reproduce the same taste. I always have a pencil at hand so that I can record any changes least I forget same.
For those who want a slightly thicker consistency, after cooking mash a few of the cooked potoates. Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia