Limau Perut Leaves, slice finely
Bunga Kantan, slice finely
Chilli Padi, slice
2 Red Chillies, remove seeds, slice [to add colour to salad]
Cherry Tomatoes [Red & Orange Cherry Tomates, again for color]
Salad of your choice, some Rocket if you like the peppery taste
300 gm Fresh Prawns
Freshly grounded Black Pepper
1 small packet of Ping Tong
1/4 cup Fish Sauce
1/4 cup Limau Kasturi juice
- Fry the Peanuts and remove skin [it is easier to remove the skin a short while after frying. To make it easier, put the fried peanuts on a tea towel and rub on them :) Pound them slightly.
- Wash the Dried Prawns, soak for 30 minutes. Chop finely. Fry the Dried Prawns.
- Heat some oil thrown in a little ground Black Pepper then the Fresh Prawns & fry for a short while as prawns cook very fast. [Do not remove the skin, as the flavour & aroma comes from the skin of the prawns and this way the meat is tender. You can remove the skin after it has cooled down]. Retain the oil to drizzle yr salad as there are tons of flavour and aroma in the oil. Then *WARM this oil slightly before drizzling on the Salad.
- Put the Ping Tong in a pot on medium heat till sugar melts. Add in the Fish Sauce.
- Remove from fire, thrown in the chill padi & cool completely.
- Just before eating, mix everything together including a little *oil used for frying the Prawns. Check for taste, adjusting sugar, limau Kasture juice if necessary.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia