8 Egg YOLKS
100 gm Castor Sugar
500 ml *Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees Celcius for 15 minutes.
- Boil hot water for steam bath/bain marie purpose.
- Place *double paper cups on baking tray [*by doing likewise you give your paper cups extra support when the batter is poured in].
- Beat eggs and sugar manually with a whisk till sugar dissolves.
- Add in the Whipping Cream & mix it manually till it is incorporated & well combined; taking note not to over mix so as not to have too much air bubbles.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared paper cups 3/4 full.
- Pour hot water in the baking tray.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 160 - 170 degrees Celcius for approximately 30 minutes +- [bearing in mind that everyone's oven is individual and you have to know your oven heat].
- Check with skewter whether creme brulee done. Remove from oven, cool then chill.
1. Whipping Cream, sometimes called Dairy Cream, is normally used for either:-
(a) Baking; OR
(b) It can be used for cooking;