600 gm medium size Prawns, leaving head & tail intact
1 Tomato, remove seeds
12 Dried Chilli, soak in hot water for 15 minutes
5 Red Chillis
10 Small Onions
1 1/2" Belacan, fry without oil till fragrant.
Then pound/blend "B" till fine.
5 Tabsp Limau Kasturi juice OR Limau Nipis
3 Tabsp Assam Jawa juice [30 gm Assam Jawa mix with water then strain]
1 Tabsp Light Soya Sauce
2 Tabsp Castor Sugar
1 teasp Salt
Mix together "C" into small bowl
whole pieces of hard boiled quail eggs or hard boiled eggs, quartered, Opt
3 Limau Perut leaves, remove centre vein [bitter] & shred very finely
- Marinate shelled prawns with 2 teasp sugar for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Fry prawns in hot oil till it cooked & changes colour.
- Use the same oil [as the oil is fragrant after frying the prawns] & top up more to fry the blended "B" till fragrant & oil bubbles appear.
- Add the pre fried prawns & sliced tomato & fry for 1 minute [do Not over cook prawns].
- Add "C", shredded limau perut leaves & hard boiled eggs & stir gently. Taste and adjust any salt, sugar if necessary.