Ingredients for Syrup
200 gm Palm Sugar/Gula Melaka, roughly chop for faster melting
100 ml Water
2 Pandan leaves, make a few shred then tie into a knot.
Method for Syrup
- Place palm sugar, water & pandan leaves in a saucepan & bring to boil & cook for 10 - 15 minutes till slightly syrupy.
- Strain into jug & cool then refrigerate.
600 ml Soya Bean milk
300 ml Water
1 1/2 teasp Agar agar powder
Method for Tau Foo Fah
- Pour Soya Bean Milk & Water into a pot. Stir in agar agar powder. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce fire to medium & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into little tupperware containers, leave to cool at room temperature. When Cooled, use the cover to close it or cling wrap & chill in the fridge till ready to serve.
- Serve well chilled soya bean jellies with the palm sugar syrup.