Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fried Chicken, the Indian style

             I was lucky that I used to live next door to an Indian caterer and whenever he has food orders he will surely pass some food over to us as he normally cooks extra and whenever he gives us fried chicken, I would be in raptures as I love it.  I also asked him what he used and he told me so, of course not the exact amount as he is cooking in bulk.  So today I decided to put it to the test and armed with a pencil and pad, I recorded how much I used for my own record and also in case I need to jiggle it a little further.  So during dinner I asked my better half how did he find the fried chicken and I was happy that he said it was good. Here is the proportion I used.

            Ingredients

                2                             whole Chicken leg, chopped into pieces
                4                             medium size garlic
                1 1/2"                      young Ginger
                1/2 Tablespoon       Corn flour               
                1/2 Tablespoon       Red Chilli powder
                1 Tablespoon          Meat Curry powder
                1 Tablespoon          Lemon juice
                1 teaspoon             Salt
                2 sprigs                   Curry leaves
            
           Method
  1. Marinate chicken, cling wrap and put it in the fridge for 4 hours. Before putting the curry leaves, crush it with your palm to release its aroma.  You can either put the curry leaves together with the marinated chicken Or you throw it in the hot oil, remembering to crush it before throwing in the hot oil.
  2. Fry the chicken till golden brown.
                  Tip: One thing we were taught was:-

                        (a) whenever you want to deep fry anything in hot oil; you have to first make the fire big, when *oil is hot put in the chicken pieces then reduce fire to medium so that the outside dont get cook faster than the inside then just before chicken is ready to be taken out, increase fire to High then remove chicken and the whole process of frying should be about 5 - 8 minutes as if you over fry, the chicken will loose its moisture :)

                         (b)  *to know whether oil is hot enough, put a chopstick into the hot oil, if you see alot of bubble round it, oil is hot :)




                        Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia
          

               

No comments: