Finally I made this again for tonite's dinner.
700 gm Prawns
1/2 teasp Black Pepper powder
1/4 teasp Salt
A little Corn Flour
4 Tablesp Oil
2 Tablesp Butter
5 pips Garlic, chopped
2 sprigs Curry Leaves
12 Chilli Padi
5 Salted Egg YOLKS
1 Tablesp Water.
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees Centrigrade for 15 minutes.
- Remove the salted egg Yolks. Use a paper towel & blot off any excess egg whites. Toss them with 1/2 teasp Sesame Oil. Place them on a lightly greased baking tray & bake them at Preheated oven at 170 degrees Centrigrade For 5 Minutes Only. Remove from oven & mash them with a fork.
- Make a slit on the side of the prawns and devein and trim the feelers and shells; leave the shells & head intact. Wash & dry them well with paper towels. Sprinkle 1/4 teasp of Salt on the prawns.
- Heat 4 Tablesp Oil in a frying pan. JUST before throwing the prawns in the hot oil, sprinkle some cornflour & Black Pepper; mix them well & toss the prawns into the hot oil. Stir fry the prawns until they change colour - about 5 minutes [Do not over cook the prawns and enjoy the aroma :)] dish them out. The oil that is left in the pan; well use that for frying the veg for the nite's dinner as they have so much flavour in it.
- Remove the oil from the frying pan and add in 2 Tabsp of Butter. Once butter starts to melt add in the garlic, chilli padi & curry leaves [squash the curry leaves just before adding to the frying pan in order to release the aroma from the leaves] & stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add in the mashed Egg Yolks & 1 Tablesp of water; stir fry for a minute then add in the pre fried prawns & stir fry for another minute. Check for seasoning; you may need to add a little salt. Dish out and enjoy.
Just take note that butter burns easily. If you like you can add a wee bit of oil, from the oil that you fried the prawns, together with the 2 Tabsp of Butter.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia.