Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

Homemade Barbique Sauce

             A good baking friend told me sometime back, after seeing pictures of my adventures in the kitchen on my fb, that I must be perpetually in the kitchen!!!  Haha, not 24/7 but definitely alot of my time is spent there, baking or cooking something that I have learnt but of late, I am more towards the trend of jazzing something that I have learnt in order to come up with something that I can call my own.  Of course this involves quite a bit of juggling and tinkling around in the kitchen and esp in baking I like pairing the correct liqueur with fruits etc, etc

           Another good baking friend gave me her recipe to make a barbique sauce which you can find in my blog titled, "A complete meal" under the lable, "Cooking with Ophelia" which I have cooked many times without any changes made to her recipe but this time, I couldnt control the itch; I needed to make a few changes in the hopes that it would sway from her recipe and also because I didnt have Cider Vinegar and Mustard so I thought I would use instead Orange and Lime juice in substitution of the Cider Vinegar and Coarse Chilly Flakes for the Mustard and then I decided to go a notch higher, I heated up a little oil and put in some orange zest and lime zest just for extra flavour and aroma and last but, certainly, not the least I added a tablespoon of Grand Marnier to bring out the flavour and taste of the Orange [as Grand Marnier works wonders with Orange].  I made the sauce a day before so that the Grand Marnier can slowly infuse with the sauce in the fridge of course.  Then I marinaded the meat for 6 hours.   

            I let you see for yourself the marinated Pork Chops.  I will only know after tonite's dinner whether this recipe is going to be a keeper as it will then save me the trouble of going out to buy same.




                         Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ophelia,
I can't find the recipe of the sauce on your post.
Alice