125 ml Melted Butter, warm
2 "B" *Eggs, beaten with a whisk/fork
40 gm Plain Flour/Tepung Gandung, sieve
40 gm Self Raising Flour, sieve
120 gm Rolled Oats
90 gm Castor Sugar
50 gm White Sesame Seeds, untoasted
50 gm Black Sesame Seeds, untoasted
80 gm Almond nibs, toasted
70 gm Red glaced Cherries, quartered
50 gm Chocolate Chips, opt
- Lightly grease the baking tray.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 15 minutes.
- Combine both the flours & sieve into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, Except the melted butter and eggs, & mix it lighly with a wooden spoon/spatula.
- Whisk the eggs lightly in a small bowl.
- Add in the slightly warm Melted Butter, stir it then add the lightly beaten eggs into the flour mixture & stir gently Till everything combined [do not over stir].
- With the aid of 2 spoons drop into the greased trays & flatten the top slightly. Space the biscuit out as they will expand a little.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 12 - 15 minutes or till biscuit baked.
(a) *"B" Egg - 1"B" is equivalent to 50 ml so if you dont have "B" eggs just crack 2 Eggs and measure 100 ml and throw away the excess egg whites;
(b) The temperature of everyone's oven is sometimes individual so it is good to remove the biscuit from the oven at the stated time and lift up the biscuit and check the back of the biscuit :) The back of the biscuit should be brown. If you would observe from my picture, you can see that the tops are not so brown & there might be a little oil bubble on top. What I like to do also is if the back of the biscuit is brown indicating that it is baked; remove tin & I like to turn the biscuit over as the heat is still on the tins giving a chance for the top to be a little more brown.
(c) If you have Green & Red Glace Cherries in the fridge, use a combi of both but the TOTAL weight should be 70 ml, as using both coloured cherries would give more colour.
(d) Please ensure that both Sesame Seeds are Not toasted. Again colour play is pleasing so buy both White & Black Sesame Seeds :)
|Spacing out the biscuits then baking them|
|You can observe that on the right is the bottom of the biscuit, darker brown, & the left is the top of biscuit.|
"Haha my sexy brown bottom" said one biscuit to another :)
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia