This is one of my favourite cookie and very simple. The only thing I am fastidious about is that they have to be absolutely the same size so that they not only look uniform but the baking time is the same. I used to weigh each cookie but I found it terribly taxful so I level the dough on baking teaspoon and then shape it into balls so much easier. Another important factor is one should use the peanut oil that has the cockral picture on it that particular peanut oil plus a wee bit of Sesame Oil takes this peanut cookie to the next level.
120 gm Plain Flour, sieved
100 gm Peanut
70 gm Icing Sugar, sieved
75 ml Peanut Oil
Pinch of Salt
Glacing - 1 Egg Yolk, beaten
- Fry the *peanuts in a wok without oil. Remove skin.
- Blend the roasted peanuts then mix it well with the sieved flour & Icing Sugar.
- Add in the oil slowly, knead dough well.
- Divide dough into small portions & roll into a ball.
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees Centigrade while doing step No.6.
- Brush the beaten egg yolk & bake in a preheated Oven for 25 - 30 minutes at 160 degrees Centigrade.
(a) Bear in mind that his dough must not be too oily;
(b) You have to remove the skin of the peanut while it is hot otherwise it would be hard to do so. For me I like to place the just fried peanuts in a tea towel; rub it and it works like a charm.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia