Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Peanut Cookie

           For me, I always like to plan well ahead what cookies I would like to do before Christmas.  I love going through my files and go lovingly through my cookie recipes.  Many of my customers always ask me to take orders for their festivals but I refrain from doing as I only have a pair of hands and everyone wants their orders just before the festivals and I always like to bake 2 weeks before the festivity as freshness is one of the keys to a lovely cookie. 

         This is one of my favourite cookie and very simple.  The only thing I am fastidious about is that they have to be absolutely the same size so that they not only look uniform but the baking time is the same.  I used to weigh each cookie but I found it terribly taxful so I level the dough on baking teaspoon and then shape it into balls so much easier.  Another important factor is one should use the peanut oil that has the cockral picture on it that particular peanut oil plus a wee bit of Sesame Oil takes this peanut cookie to the next level.

         Ingredients

         120 gm           Plain Flour, sieved
         100 gm           Peanut
           70 gm           Icing Sugar, sieved
           75 ml            Peanut Oil
                                Pinch of Salt

              Glacing - 1 Egg Yolk, beaten

          Method
  1. Fry the *peanuts in a wok without oil.  Remove skin.
  2. Blend the roasted peanuts then mix it well with the sieved flour & Icing Sugar.
  3. Add in the oil slowly, knead dough well.
  4. Divide dough into small portions & roll into a ball.
  5. Preheat oven at 160 degrees Centigrade while doing step No.6.
  6. Brush the beaten egg yolk & bake in a preheated Oven for 25 - 30 minutes at 160 degrees Centigrade.
                   Enjoy. Make this small batch for tea or watching telly with the family.

                   Comments:-

              (a)  Bear in mind that his dough must not be too oily;
             (b)  You have to remove the skin of the peanut while it is hot otherwise it would be hard to do so.  For me I like to place the just fried peanuts in a tea towel; rub it and it works like a charm.

                      Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

No comments: