300 gm Potatoes
3 Tabsp Methi
1 teasp coarse Chilli Flakes
1 big Onion, chopped
A small knob of young Ginger, chopped
- Peel & cut potatoes into small and uniform pieces. Heat adequate oil in a frying pan & fry the Potatoes till it is 3/4 cooked. Remove & place on paper kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
- Soak the Methi in hot water for 10 minutes then strain it.
- Remove excess oil from the same frying pan; leaving just about 4 Tablesp of oil and heat it. Then fry the ginger & stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped Onion & fry it till light brown. Then add in the coarse Chilli Flakes, the pre fried Potatoes & sufficient Salt & fry till Potates are cooked.
- Reduce fire to low medium & add in the Methi & stir fry for a short while till the flavour of the Methi incorporates well with the Potatoes, dish out.
(a) If it is the first time you are using Methi in yr cooking, use 2 Tablesp in your maiden attempt here and then if you find that it suits yr palate, use as per this recipe :)
(b) For all chilli lovers - When I made this dish, I found that it was not spicy enuf, so next time I would increase the coarse chilli flakes to 1 1/2 teasp.
(c) I love making my job easier and even better; sharing ideas. I place the Methi in a small siever first then place the siever on a small bowl then pour the hot water over the Methi; making sure that the hot water covers the Methi & after 10 minutes, I just lift up the siever :)
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia