500 gm High Protein Flour
30 gm Milk Powder
75 gm *Castor Sugar
6 gm fine Salt
8 gm *Dry Instant Yeast
5 gm Bread Improver
55 ml Egg, beat separately in a bowl
270 ml cold Water
60 gm Butter, soften [thaw it for 15 minutes]
- Sieve the High Protein Flour, Bread Improver & Milk Powder into the mixing bowl. Add in the Salt & stir to incorporate into the flour.
- Add in the Dry Instant Yeast & using a dough hook & mix on lowest speed for 1 minute.
- Add in the beaten egg & water & mix on lowest speed for 1 minute.
- Mix on medium speed [Speed 4 on Kenwood] & mix for 8 minutes.
- Add in the soften butter & mix on lowest speed for approximately 1 minute into the butter incorporated with the flour mixture.
- Then increase to medium speed & beat for another 5 minutes until a soft & elastic dough is formed. Pinch a bit of dough & stretch it to check for elasticity.
- Rub a little oil on both your palms & remove dough and form a ball. Place in another greased mixing bowl & cover same & let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough & place it in 2 loaf tins. Cover & let it rest for 30 - 40 minutes or till dough doubles.
- Meantime preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes.
- Bake your bread at 180 degrees Celcius for *25 - 30 minutes or till bread is baked. To know whether bread is baked, remove bread from tin and give a knock on the bottom of the bread and if you hear a hollow sound, the bread is baked.
(a) Salt "kills" Yeast. Follow the steps above. After salt has been incorporated into the flour mixture then only add the Yeast;
(b) *Castor Sugar - I used 40 gm Brown Sugar & 35 gm Castor Sugar as Brown Sugar not so sweet and I bake alot :)
(c) As each oven heat is different. The timing here is a guide and you should know your oven.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia