300 gm Plain Flour
120 gm Icing Sugar
1/2 teasp Sodium Bicarbonate
1/2 teasp Ammonia
1 teasp Baking Powder
100 gm Planta Margarine
80 gm Shortening
1 Egg Yolk
[For Egg Wash - 1 Egg Yolk mix with 1 Tabsp Water & a Pinch of Salt]
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl & using a K-Beater knead into a dough.
- Roll into uniform *size & cover with a damp cloth.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes.
- Take 1 ball, & cover the rest with a damp cloth, roll lightly into a ball. Make a hole in the centre with a chopstick & do not put them too close on a greased baking tin as they will expend, cover biscuits till you finish the rest.
- Egg wash biscuit & place a walnut on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius until golden brown.
(a) For big biscuit - 40 gm & you can get approximately 16 pieces BUT for this big size you have to flatten the top slightly;
(b) For "cute dainty" biscuits - 10 gm & you can get approximately 60 pieces AND you do Not need to flatten the top.
(c) Please note that everyone's oven heat is individual so you have to know your own oven :)
(d) Please note that for baking; flours, icing sugar etc etc needs to be sieved.
Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia