Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ramblings

           Wao today was a very heavy day. Baked my Chocolate cake for a friend's order, cleared the prawn shells from my freezer and made a lovely, rich stock with a mirepoix of Carrots, Celery, Leek & Onions plus a big load of washing. 

          I just wanted to share with you the marvels of making stock whether it is a seafood stock, chicken stock, beef stock, etc. etc.  I made the prawn stock so that I can make my Seafood Chowdar as it has been a while since I made it. 

         Forgive the ramblings as I need to relax my mind and tired body before retiring for the day :) 



                                        Cooling the Chocolate cake before I can pour the ganache




                  Finally have completed the frosting and it is ready for collection!!! Somehow this has always been one of my signature cakes.  I just love the glossy look of the frosting.  This is achieved by adding a little vegetable oil when double boiling the frosting.


       
                                                                   Prawn stock

                              Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

No comments: