Ingredients for FILLING
30 gm Walnuts OR Pecan, toasted then chopped
40 gm Sesame seeds toasted
45 ml Honey
1/2 teasp grated Orange zest
30 gm Butter, soften
1/4 teasp Cinnamon Powder, sieved
Ingredients for Dough
50 gm Castor Sugar
60 gm Butter
135 gm Plain Flour, sieved
1/2 an Egg
1/4 teasp Vanilla
Method for Filling
- Place the nuts on a tray & place in the oven. Switch oven heat to 120 degrees Celcius and toast the nuts for 10 - 15 minutes. Cool completely then chop into small pieces.
- Fry the Sesame seeds in a frying pan without oil. Remove to plate to cool completely.
- In a bowl mix both the Walnut and Sesame Seeds together with the rest of the other ingredients of the filling.
- Place the Sugar & the 60 gm Butter in a bowl & beat till creamy.
- Add in the flour, egg & Vanilla & beat till it forms a dough [Do not over beat].
- Shape to a ball & cling wrap & place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and place dough in between 2 plastic sheets & roll into 8" x 10" rectangle.
- Spread the filling & then roll into a jam roll shape. Cover with cling film & refrigerate for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge & slice into 4 mm slices & place on a baking tray lined with Parchment Paper & bake in preheated oven till golden brown for approximately 12 - 15 minutes.