Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

3 Egg steam Custard

                  We went out for dinner recently and one of the dishes that my family loved was the 3 kinds of steamed egg custard so I knew that my next little project was to make this for dinner.  I made this tonight and I was happy that my girl told me that making it myself, I was able to personalise the dish by adding a little fried onion, a dash of Sesame oil, Spring Onion & I couldnt help adding 1 red Chilli Padi for a little more colour & a little "fire" but best of all, she told me she loved it & it tasted better than the one we ate at the restaurant; that remark certainly made my day!!!






  
                  Ingredients

                    200 ml                 Eggs
                    200 ml                 Water
                         1                     Salted Egg Yolk, chop
                         1                     Century Egg, chop
                                                Salt & Pepper
                                                A little Spring Onion
                                                A little fried Onions
                                                Dash of Sesame Oil
                          1/2                 a Red Chilli Padi, opt

                          Beat the eggs, then add the water & beat short while to incorporate.  Add the rest of the ingredients & steam. Steam on medium low fire for approximately 10 - 15 minutes.  Do NOT close the cover of the steamer entirely.  If the fire is too high, your custard wont have a level surface.  Check after 10 minutes to see whether cooked as if you over cook, the texture of the custard wont be silky smooth.

                      Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

2 comments:

Gratitude said...

As you already know, this dish to me, is just simply awesome!! My favouritest (new word coined, i know!) food. Mom would usually put hidden treasures in the dish too, golden salted yolks!! ^^
+Ant+

Ophelia said...

Hahaha Ant, my favourite too, my maternal granny used to make these too & sometimes she adds a layer of minced pork as a base, sedup!!! Yr mum is hellavu smart cook n love the new work you coined!!!