Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cake musing


                  Wow had a hectic few days since last Friday. I had 3 cake orders, almost 3 days running, although of course it was booked ahead which allowed me to plan the buying of the ingredients and then baking, frosting and the case of the Trifle Cheese cake, the assembling of the Trifle and the last one, ie the Raspberry Mousse cake.

                 The Raspberry Mousse cake was the easiest of all as being a Mousse cake, there was no baking involved; just a crunchy biscuit base; doing the mousse, setting it overnite and then doing the Raspberry topping the next day.  Having learnt so many types of mousse over the years by an excellent Chef and selling same, I decided that it was high time that I came out from under the wings of my mentors and try my hand at creating something myself and this Raspberry Mousse cake was my first..  I made this in honour of a wedding registration of my child and last week when a regular customer requested me to do a mousse cake, I recommended my Raspberry Mousse cake.  If she had not lived down the road from mine, I would Not have recommended a Mousse cake as the shop that I purchase my ingredients ran out of Ice Cream box as the mousse cake, which had gelatine in it, would probably melt. 


Raspberry Mousse cake


                                                        Trifle Cheese cake



                                                Chocolate Moist cake


                     Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Hoping you and your family are safe from the floods in your area.

Ophelia said...

Thank you Nichole for your concern. We are not affected. Do appreciate your care. Hope you & Farmie are doing fine too. God bless.

Nichole said...

Glad you guys are safe. Merry Christmas!

Ophelia said...

Thank you Nichole for you kind tots. Merry Christmas to you & hubby. May the Love of Christ and His Blessings be poured onto you, hubby & family. God bless.