Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting

                This post is dedicated to my latest follower, Melinda. Welcome dear, glad to see you in my Blog, xoxo. When I last baked my Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting last month for another family birthday celebration, I was kinda disappointed that inspite of using beet root juice as the liquid in my cupcakes, with its firey red colour, the outside of the cupcakes were tinged Orange & not red & the inside was the usual light brown colour!!! So when my aunt requested me to bake the Red Velvet Cupcakes again for her birthday, I was happy that I had another chance to get my act together and when I baked the Red Velvet cupcakes this evening, I added one and a half teaspoon of red food colouring & I couldnt wait to pipe the cream cheese frosting before checking the insides, I bit into a plain cupcake with bated breath and yipeeeeee it was red, inside as well as outside!!!

             Tomorrow I will be piping the Cream Cheese Frosting onto my cupcakes & this time, I can proudly call them Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.  Here are some pictures of my effort minus the cream cheese frosting.  PS couldnt wait for tomorrow to do the cream cheese frosting, so decided to do same & uploaded pictures of the finished product!!!







                      Dusted a tint of Beet Root powder & it gives a lovely pinkish hue to the cream cheese
                      frosting!!!


                                   And dusted Cocoa powder, doesnt it look fab?


                      Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

No comments: