Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brownie Cheese cake with Orange glaze

                 When better half's birthday was half approaching, I was very excited. I made sure that I kept the eve of his birthday & his birthday itself, free from any cake orders, so that I can spend the eve baking a lovely cake in his honour.  It had to be special for that special person in my life and if it involved making an additional step ie baking the brownies & then inserting them as base for my Cheese cake which was infused with Grand Marnier, it didn't matter as I did allocate both days to be free.

              So this was what I baked for him and the next day ie the birthday itself, I made an Orange glaze which was infused with Grand Marnier & poured the hot glaze on top of the cold cake & allowed it to cool & then refrigerated same!!! It was a wee bit sweet; have to do some R&D & tone it down slightly on next attempt.




                                               The sliced Orange shreds were infused in the Orange Glaze together with the Grand Marnier then I removed same & caramalized with some sugar.

                                  And to my soul mate, thank you for all these years of love, laughter, help, I couldn't have asked for a better half, God bless. Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia.

2 comments:

Gratitude said...

Add more Grand Marnier, give him extra slices....... and he's all ready for bliss! (hopefully with you included!) wakakakakakakaka
+Ant+

Ophelia said...

Yes I did & after the extra Grand Marnier, he slept soundly!!!