Total Pageviews

Monday, December 26, 2011

Carrot cake

              Christmas the day when the infant Jesus was born, is always a special time when families get together first in Church to welcome the birth of our Lord & to pay homeage to God & to the Holy Family & then lovers, families cherishing the time together and like other festivals, the time together means glorious food, laughter & love being spread around.

               Christmas has always been special to me and this year even more so.  Both my children left the family home to stay on their own and as this was their first Christmas in their own homes, we were happy to spend more quality time with each of them so I baked for each of them a Carrot cake with Marizpan carrots for this auspicious day when they celebrate their first Christmas in their own homes with family and their friends and I had so much fun making the Marizpan carrots; even though it was the first time I did the Marizpan Carrots after learning so long ago, & anticipating the "oohs and aahs from them".










                                Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Merry Christmas!! Hope you had a wonderful day with your family

ilene ong said...

After seeing your carrot cake, Lena now yearns for one!

Ophelia said...

Merry Christmas Nichole. Had 3 Christmas dinners. Two with each of my girls and one with my inlaws. Hope you, Farmie had a wonderful Christmas too. God Bless.

Ophelia said...

Ilene, oops if I had any left, I would ask you to come over to wallop.