Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ayam Berumpah

            Made this for dinner last night. Do leave a comment here if you want this recipe. My mother-in-law, a Peranakan, used to make this. She used to fry the chicken & the rempah & it was awesome.  I took it a notch further as being health conscious, I boiled the chicken with water [water below the level of the chicken] first for about 20 minutes & then added the rempah & let it simmer till the chicken cooked, water reduced & rempah thick. Cooking it my style, as opposed to my MIL's, has a slight edge to it as the rempah does not dry up but you also can, AFTER the rempah & chicken is cooked, heat up about 2 tablespoon of oil in a kwali & then throw it in & fry for 2 - 3 minutes then you can have the best of 2 worlds; braised & fried in a little oil :)




                        Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

No comments: