Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2nd attempt making Croissants

                To my close baking buddies, I have been known to be a bit of tortoise as if we learnt something new and difficult, it takes some time before I warm up before I do it but once I start to do it, I will keep on doing it until I own it!!! And since I have just started making puff pastry & croissants from scratch, I will have to say that making croissants is slightly harder as yeast is one of the ingredients in croissant making.  


                For both puff pastry & croissant, there is a lot of rolling & folding involved & I find it slightly harder to roll the pastry when there's yeast but the reward of making your own puff pastry & croissant is awesome & as my family loved the croissant I made last week, I resolved that on days that I dont have any cake orders or any house work, I will keep doing same until I own it.  


                In my first attempt at croissants, my handiwork in cutting & moulding it, left much to be desired although it looked ok after baking so my second attempt today, I was slightly happier at my handiwork.


                                                2nd attempt


                                           2nd attempt




                                            1st attempt


                       Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, we met at Gutenberg Braun. My bog is offthestove.tumblr.com.
Evylin.

Ophelia said...

Hi Evylin, glad you dropped bye. I will check yours :)