Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Banana Rum & Raisins Ice Cream

               While preparing to make this Ice Cream, my thoughts flew to two good friends, Ant [because I remember him saying that he enjoyed the Millie Feuille he had some months ago & I asked him what flavour he loved best & he told me Rum & Raisins :) ] & Illene, a very good friend. 


                Made this Ice Cream for the Hubs & as I love Bananas & remembered making a note when I was at this Ice Cream class some years back, that it was good. I mixed the pureed bananas into the cold egg custard [we were told by the Chef who taught us this to mash the bananas but I preferred my ice cream to be smooth thus I blended the bananas] & then poured the cold Whipping Cream into the egg & banana custard mixture, I was all set to churn the Ice Cream. The worst part was that just when I poured in the cold mixture into the Ice Cream maker, my old Ice Cream maker did a number on me that even though the machine was on, the paddle was, simply, not moving!!! 


                 I was aghast, all the anticipation of eating a lovely bowl of ice cream momentarily flew off the window but I was not going to let that deter me. I remember that the Chef taught us to use the cake mixer.  I immediately sprang into action, switch off the ice cream maker & remove the mixture & put it back into the fridge again for 1 1/2 hours.  Next I tilted my Kenwood Major mixing bowl carefully into the freezer compartment & as the shelf was not very high, I carefully put it in [which if you are a baker, you would know that the Kenwood Major bowl is tall, together with the whisk & freezed the bowl & whisk for 1 1/2 hours hoping that when I whisked the cold custard & cream mixture in the cold mixing bowl, it will sort of jump start the process. After whisking, I again removed the mixture into another bowl & again put it in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours; washed the mixing bowl & whisk, dried it & again freezed the mixing bowl & whisk for 1 1/2 hours.  So in total I whisked the Ice Cream twice, scooped it up into a tupperware & freezed the Ice Cream & this morning when I came down, I gingerly opened the tupperware & I was so glad that the Ice Cream was awesome.




                    Will upload the recipe sometime next week. Do drop by if you want the recipe. Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

No comments: