Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chocolate Sauce & Nuts with Banana, Rum & Raisin ice cream

                  I am always trying to take things a notch higher. Most times when I reflect on the past, I am very thankful that I went for baking & cooking classes in my early 30s & applying the numerous tips that "flew off" our Chef's mouth!!!  We were told that Chocolate jells with Banana. Today I served the Hubs the Banana, Rum & Raisin Ice Cream with a simple Chocolate Sauce I made & sprinkled some roasted Almond nibs for texture.  


                   For the Chocolate Sauce, I micro wave Bitter Sweet Belgium couvertures [dont micro wave too long as it burns easily] then I heated up some whipping cream & mixed them both together.


                                    Serving the chocoholic better half ...


                                          Mine with less Chocolate Sauce & more ice cream!!!


                                Till my next post xoxo, Ophelia 

2 comments:

Gratitude said...

any recipe with ice cream and chocs.....could never go wrong, but somehow I'm confident you made a twist to make it taste even better. Rum&raisin....yummmmmmm matilah aku! lolz
+Ant+

Ophelia said...

Thank you Ant. It was awesome.