Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Croissants

             Today I have achieved what I really wanted to do all these years.  I have always wanted to be able to bake Croissants and although I went for this particular class ten years ago I never had the guts to do it as I always had this misconception in my mind that there was alot of work & that I would not be able to do it as, inspite of learning this a decade ago, I didn't find the time to practise this at all!!! I was always shelving aside doing Croissants, Danish & Puff Pastry.  Thus with the arrival of a brand new year, I made the resolution that this year, I would pay extra attention to things that I have learnt But have not done & when I was successful in baking Puff Pastry, I did Puff Pastry 3 times already this year, I did this Croissant for hubby's breakfast tomorrow and although my prep work involved in making Croissant i.e. cutting it into triangles & then rolling same, was not very "pretty", I was overjoyed when I took them out of the oven & satisfaction when I ate one. 


                                         Munch it sure tasted good toasting them the next day & hearing the soft crunch


                                   The slightly charred sides was a plus point!!!






                         Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

No comments: