Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chocolate with a nutty Truffle filling

                I went for 2 Chocolate classes long time ago; one was when we used couvertures & tempered the Chocolates & the other class, the Chef used local cooking chocolates & both were lovely & after learning both, I only made twice as I hate doing the clean up!!! 


               Today I made same using local cooking chocolates & if I were to compare both, I would say using local cooking chocolate was much easier as no tempering needed & I was rather surprised that, with the inclusion of the Rum extract & toasted almond nuts in the Tuffle filling, the chocolates were lovely. 




                                    Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia

2 comments:

Gratitude said...

I think you already know how I totally avoid local chocs, but I'll have no doubt and take your word for it that it could be used with the rum concoction! ;)
+Ant+

Ophelia said...

I was surprised myself when I ate this at the Chocolate class I went years ago & the Truffle filling, also using local chocolates + Rum extract & nuts were good. Thus, I made a note on the recipe that this was quite good & since it is almost Easter, made some for the man in my life & my precious girls!!!