Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today's tea - Mochi

                    After making the Tau Sar paste the other day, I decided to use some of it & made some Mochi for tea. After learning this, this is the second time I am doing this. The texture was soft & lovely.  I decided to run off the rails this time.  This time I wanted to be a rebel & try a different twist in the filling.


                  The filling was a combi of toasted & ground Peanuts, ground Sesame seeds [the ground Sesame smelled so heavenly] & Sugar & some of the Mochi, I first rolled it in the peanut mixture then I slipped in a ball of Tau Sar Paste & rolled it into a ball & then to deviate a little further, instead of coating them with Koh Fun, I decided that I will coat some of the Mochi in the ground Peanut mixture!!! Glad the hubs liked it.  We went for a buffet dinner at a hotel a few nites ago & among all the cakes in the dessert section, I saw Mochi, being my favourite, I ate 4 little balls & there & then I knew that I had to make some as it is my youngest favourite!!!








                                          Till my next post, xoxo, Ophelia 

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I LOVE Mochi :) looks delish!

Ophelia said...

You do? Awesome, wish you were here so that I could give you some!!! It was indeed lovely, xoxo.